it ain't easy being Green(ie)

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Mind Altering Substances and Muppet Flashbacks

So what is the most fun a bunch of recent (10 monts) college graduates who are variously employed and enjoying their new Park Dope appartment to do on a friday night

Get stoned and watch Fraggle Rock.
Best...Plan...Ever.

so things we as a generation learned from the Fraggles


  1. Emo: Gobo is the infant version of all things emotional and music related. evidance lyrics such as these:
You tell me you got troubles, brother.

Let me tell you mine.

Take your crummy troubles, brother.

Hang 'em on the line.



All day long I count my blessings,
Can't get up to one.
All day long I see my trouble,
Pile up by the ton.

Why does trouble seem to double,
Till I can't get free?
Just can't be the me I wanna be.
Just can't be the me I wanna be.

Just as Emo as any song by one of my (tragicly) favorit bands and the fact that the Muppets eyes look like they are perpetualy wearing eye-liner just makes the point

  1. we also learned alot of our nerosis and paranoia and neetfreakyness(sic) from them too.a character named of all things Boober is obsessed with laundry. to an almost clinical degree. i feel that it is not a coincidence

that soon after this show became populare people started to douse their children in antibactirial lotions.

  1. and all of our activism comes from here too. see the eppisode called "the preachification of convincing john" in wich the kind harted Mokey tries to get everyone to stop eating doozer constructions, a subtle portent of veganism.

Even the theme song alone says alot about us.

Dance your cares away,
Worry's for another day.
Let the music play,
Down at Fraggle Rock.

Work your cares away,
Dancing's for another day.
Let the Fraggles play,
We're Gobo, Mokey, Wembley, Boober, Red.


the first verse probably explains why we go to clubs so much and just generaly love to party.

and the second explains our obsession with getting a good job and making alot of money.

and while looking for pictures and links for this entry i found this
so clearly i wasn't the only one thinking about how culturaly signifcant those little fraggles

though i am not quite as intrested in it as this person


-Greenie-

2 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Blogger AmyMihyang said...

i am so impressed with your linkage. you inspire me.

fraggles was a huge deal for us. i had the song downloaded on my old laptop in french.

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greenie - reading that post made me realize that I was super high after about the second episode. I don't even remember half of what you were talking about. It makes me sad that you didn't mention the "What are you thinking" line.

~jacques

 

Post a Comment

<< Home