Welcome Home! Can I Go Back Now?
so yea i'm home, have been for a few days (got back friday night about 5 minutes before arusha got home, we have amazing timing.) and thank you to Jaimie, Erin, Jess, and Jack for the welcome home mini-festivites.
thoughts on being home.
- it is defintly warmer her then back in edinburgh.
- its nice to sleep in a real bed (as much as i loved your couch Amy)
- not lugging around all or most of my stuff everyday has been nice and i don't have bruses on my shoulders anymore
- i would say a steady internet connection but thouse of you who live with me know that ours has quite the tendincey to flake out (and a contiuous connection is starting to be like crack for me)
- knowing exactly how much something is worth in dollars (and not haveing to use Pounds which are bitch slaping dollars in the exchange world)
thoughts on not being in london any more (this list will be significantly longer)
- british boys how i will miss you
A) british boys know how to wear a suit without looking like an Evil investment banker or Vile entertainment lawyer
B) the ability to wear long shorts and other more experimental fashions witout looking like a Git
C) less agressivly macho and thus much less frighting and Cro-magnon[sic]
- London is such a literary city. in addition to having many literary landmarks the home of many famous authors (a bunch of whome were not even british) and the most uplifting - marketing wise - thing i've seein in a while Advertisements for books all over train/subway stations.
- also alot more public art and not just the kind where disgruntled youths spray things on walls but actualy sanctiond and funded art all over the place.
- the only subway system that even comes close to the clenlyness of Tokyo's
- but it's not so clean that it looks creepy
- did i mention how hot the boys were (yea i thought so but it does bear repeating)
- it's more international then NYC, as much as NYC is a prety dam international city there are more nationalites represented in London and they are more visable and alot of them just aren't visiting.
ok this list could go on for a while so i'm going to stop here if you would like to know more about my intence desire to become a resident of London feel free to ask (if you know of a way for me to become a Londoner please let me know. i am at this moment looking into grad school across the pond but i'm sure there are other options. perhaps there is a brit who would be willing to marry me so i can get citizenship (does it even work that way there?))
oh, on a side note i need some one to pester me when i don't update this blog as i am more frequetnly lazy then i would like and having some one to harp on me when i get too lax with this would be apreciated. please submit applications for the position in the comments section.